Saturday, March 17, 2012

Ready to Plant My Flowers

It may be a sign that the earth is in serious trouble but, from where I'm sitting (in shorts on my deck on March 17th), I'm kind of loving the whole global warming thing. As a lifelong Chicago area resident, suffering through years of nasty winter weather, I'm hoping this aberration is just God's way of throwing us a bone. Maybe this early Spring is nothing more than making last year up to us; and not for just one day - we've had an entire week of sun and balmy temperatures.

This winter has been one of the easiest I can remember; it's actually making me rethink my intention to find another place to live. But wearing shorts in March? That's a completely foreign experience. Oh wait, there was that one other time . . . when we were in the Dominican Republic on Spring Break.

So all of you who've been spouting off about how this isn't normal; how this is a bad omen for the future weather patterns on our planet, please calm yourselves. If it's true, there isn't much we can do about it and if we do find ourselves covered in thirty inches of snow next December, we will have spent a lot of time worrying about nothing. As for me, I'm not going to spend one moment complaining or fretting about what all of this unusual weather might mean.

I'm just going to grab another glass of iced tea, slather on the Coppertone, and enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment