Friday, May 25, 2012

Stuck in the Deck Chair

The last time I wrote a blog like this, I was punished with two inches of sewer water in my basement but here goes. I should be:

- cleaning the kitchen
- organizing my financial papers
- doing a funkier by the minute load of laundry
- cooking dinner
- thinking of something to cook for dinner
- scrubbing the shower(s)
- giving my husband a back rub (this isn't normally on the list; he pulled a muscle lifting
boxes I should have been helping him with)
- planting the impatients I bought over a week ago
- returning a phone call from my mother
- taking overdue movies back to the library
- stop writing my initials in the dust on the piano and clean the darn thing and
- edit one of the two novels I mistakenly believe will edit themselves

What I am doing:

- reading my People magazine with my lazy ass planted firmly in a comfy deck chair

Oh, well. If I'm determined to give myself a hard time for wanting to enjoy a beautiful day, this is the way to do it.

I may not have done much today but this lousy blog proves I did do something.

No comments:

Post a Comment