Thursday, March 6, 2014

Winter Rant

I'm so over: snow, ice, cold, slush, freezing rain, icicles, flurries, blizzards (yes, even the Dairy Queen variety - I'm boycotting on principle alone), wind chill advisories, shoveling, scraping, defrosting, de-icing, turning up the heat, outrageous gas bills from turning up the heat, heavy sweaters, thick socks, sweatpants, long underwear, layering, mittens, gloves, scarves, hoodies, boots, down comforters, extra blankets, shivering, sniffling,sneezing, chapped lips, dry skin, brittle nails, hot soup, hot tea, hot chocolate (with or without marshmallows), and hibernation.

I'm so ready for: sunshine, green grass, leaves on the trees, flowers, heat advisories, air-conditioning, walks in the park, driving with the windows open, bicycles, sleeveless tops (yes, even with my grandma arms), shorts, capris, flip-flops, strappy sandals, (notice I didn't say "bathing suits" - I may be desperate but I'm not crazy), barbecues, picnics, farmstands, farmer's markets, craft fairs, outdoor festivals, concerts in the park, lemonade, white wine, hot dogs, ribs, watermelon, ice cream cones, baseball, golf, tennis, sitting on my deck, birds chirping and seeing human beings venture outside their homes.

C'mon, Spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment