Tuesday, September 2, 2014

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

After almost a month of empty-nesting, I've decided that there are a few positives. Like:
  •  No empty toilet paper rolls at the most inopportune time
  •  Doing laundry that does not contain seventeen bath towels
  •  Chocolate that sticks around longer than twenty-four hours
  •  There are no "I meant to wash them but I forgot" dishes in the sink
  •  No Gatorade or Power Bars mysteriously showing up in the Costco shopping cart
  •  Not having to harass offspring for payment of above
  •  My Cheetos are right where I left them
  •  Not having to get the attention of someone perpetually wearing headphones
  •  Having an extra bed to offer to a Margarita-imbibing friend
  •  Knowing whether or not my remaining one and only roommate will be there for dinner
  •  Not fighting over the rapid disappearance of water bottles and Keurig cups
  •  Finding more than a spoonful of vanilla ice cream in the carton
  •  Not finding empty containers of anything
I'm sure I've forgotten a few others and as time goes on, it's a safe bet we'll discover a few more. (Sex on the living room floor? Who am I kidding? I can't even sit down on the living room floor.) We just have to get through this period of adjustment. And, while I appreciate all of the above, right this minute nothing seems to make up for one thing:
  •  Skype hasn't figured out how to let its users give each other a hug
 


No comments:

Post a Comment