Saturday, April 3, 2010

Here's the Dish

I am a reasonable person. Honest. I swear I'm not harboring lofty expectations and I tend to forgive transgressions relatively quickly. I accept the fact that life gets chaotic and that normal, everyday tasks can be often overlooked or neglected. But there is one thing that I do not understand about the behavior of my beloved family. Maybe there's someone out there who can enlighten me. Here's my question. WHY CAN'T ANYONE PUT THEIR DISHES IN THE DISHWASHER!!!

It seems like such a no-brainer. A lovely little machine occupies a small enclave in the kitchen, just waiting there with one job to do. All you have to do is open the door and find an empty spot for your dirty dishes. Our new machine is so hard-working, you don't even have to rinse the offending food particles away. You do, however, have to put the dish inside the machine. As easy as all this sounds, I constantly find plates on the counter, bowls in the family room, glasses in the sink. It seems I find china and cutlery everywhere except where they should be ending up and it's starting to send me over the edge. I'm all about the presentation when it comes to food but I'm seriously considering switching to paper plates and cups. Oh, wait. Who am I kidding? What are the odds of those actually finding their way into the garbage can?

No comments:

Post a Comment