Friday, November 26, 2010

Thankful

Yesterday was one of the best Thanksgivings ever. The food was fantastic; everybody pitched in and brought a few dishes including a few that we had never had before and the fresh turkey purchased at Costco didn't have any of that chicken broth injected into it or hormones and antibiotics fed to it before it had the bad luck to land on our dinner table. Of course, his bad luck was our good fortune. He was absolutely delicious; he tasted like what I remember turkey tasting like before the executives at Butterball decided we all wanted 15% sodium solution added to our yearly feast.

In case you might think I'm dwelling too much on the food, there was much else to be thankful for in our household. Our daughter, who's been struggling with some tough emotional issues, is doing much better. She spent the entire day with her family and we were all the better for it. We ate early and spent the rest of the time playing games and talking instead of mindlessly watching football (not that there's anything wrong with football; I'll be watching my share this Sunday).

Last but not least, I'm almost done with my novel. It may not be great (yet) but it is almost done. The crazy challenge I took on almost a month ago to write a 50,000 word novel in one month is nearly over and I can hardly believe it. I did something I never imagined I could do - I surprised myself. At my age, that's really something to be thankful for.

1 comment:

  1. You did it! Congratulations, Coleen. You are special, that's for sure. Please keep going with the editing. And tweaking.

    I'm thrilled with what (little) I've written. It's good quality, I think. Yes, editing now, but it's the best I've written to date. I'll show you sometime. I'm disappointed to not be in town for the TGIO Party, but I hope to do the Journey, and some weekend meetings in 2011. I'll see you at those, I'm certain. My email address is cooldoctor1@yahoo.com Please add it to your contacts because I think Nano site closes in December. Please do keep in touch, Coleen, so we can help editing and writing in 2011. --Steve

    P.S. Sounds like you had a glorious Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete