Monday, March 21, 2011

Who Needs TV?

Well, 'The Bachelor' chose Emily so what am I going to do now when I want a little relationship drama? Oh, wait, I forgot. I still have my twenty-four year old daughter living with me. As long as she's still here, I'm betting I won't be needing Brad Womack, Charlie Sheen or any other source of histrionics. Between her adventures in online dating and fractured friendships with girls she outgrew a long time ago, I sometimes feel like I'm immersed in my own reality show.

I thought it would be over by now. I didn't know I'd still be dealing with late night phone calls and tearful advice seeking sessions this late in the game. The problem is, my daughter has had the same group of friends since she was ten. They all know exactly how to push each others' buttons; they all know how to get back in each others' good graces. But now, she's facing the fact that it's just not worth the heartache. Sometimes you have to let go. Girlfriends, boyfriends, family members. No matter how much history you have with someone; no matter how much you've been through together, sometimes you have to let go. Who needs a bunch of toxic people who bring nothing to the party but a whole lot of drama? That's what 'The Bachelor' is for.

No comments:

Post a Comment