Sunday, June 17, 2012

Dear Dad

Dear Dad:

Don't know how I got so lucky to have been blessed with someone like you for a father. There are so many things you've done for me, I hardly know where to begin. Thank you for:

- never doubting me for a minute
- teaching me to be honest, even when no one is looking
- making me a Bears fan
- not making me a Cardinal fan
- encouraging every creative impulse I've ever had
- making me feel like the best cook in the world
- telling me I'm your favorite golfing partner
- sharing your knowledge of all things financial
- the sound of your laughter
- never being too busy to help me tackle a problem
- not being disappointed I wasn't a boy
- teaching me to stand up for myself
- being my ever fearless, ever ready mouse hunter

There's so much more but it's almost midnight and your middle-aged little girl is falling asleep. I can only promise you that I won't wait till next June to let you in on how grateful I am God sent me to live at your house.

When a girl is lucky enough to have the best father on earth, every day should be Father's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment