Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Big News

It's tough sometimes to react the way people want you to when they share big news. I'll bet no one who knew Nadiya Suileman (better known as the Octomom) was jumping up and down when she announced she was pregnant with her 7th - 14th children. Families who get the announcements that their son has joined the Marines or their daughter is moving to Tanzania with a guy she met at Buffalo Wild Wings know what I'm talking about. It's hard to be as excited as your kids want you to be when you have a few reservations about what they've decided to do.

I guess I'm feeling this way because our daughter just announced her engagement. He's a great guy and treats her like a queen. They met a church and he doesn't have one visible tattoo. Yeah, I know - what's the problem? I should shut up and start calling banquet halls, right? The truth is, I'm a little worried about how fast everything's moving. I know she's a big girl and I should just butt out but c'mon, we all know that that's not going to happen.

I'm trying my hardest to be as over-the-moon about all this as she is. I even bought her a Brides Magazine today, hoping to show her I'm not trying to rain all over her parade. Like every mother of the bride before me, I love my daughter to death and I want nothing more than her continued happiness as she heads off into the sunset with her Prince Charming.

Can I help it if I'd prefer that the ride wasn't jet-propelled?




No comments:

Post a Comment