Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Bargain Queen

There is nothing I like better than a good sale. Since paying retail is against my religion, I am always on the lookout for a great deal. I'm crazy about Costco, love Amazon and brake for garage sales. I have even fallen prey to the charms of HSN hostesses touting items that I never knew I always wanted. In fact, just this week I picked up the phone to buy Wolfgang Puck's electric piemaker. This handy gadget can make two pies (or cakes as the spirit moves me) in 8 minutes AND it was 60% off it's original price. I got it in red. It should be here by Friday.

This time of year is also the time for me to update my summer wardrobe. As soon as I see those big final clearance signs, I know it's my time to attack. I usually make my way through the sale racks at every Talbots and Ann Taylor store within a 30 mile radius and leave with $300 worth of clothes that cost me $35. What could be better than that? Answer: nothing. There is nothing better than getting beautiful, well-made clothes for the same price as their Wal-Mart cousins.

It's clear that God supports me in my mission. Today, when I went back to Talbots to exchange a pair of shorts that turned out to be a bit snug (I know I got them for 75% off but that's no reason to start getting so chintzy with the fabric), I discovered that they only had one pair left - in exactly the size I was looking for. And just to be sure that I hadn't missed anything in my other three visits in the last ten days, I scoured the racks one more time. Sure enough, there was a sleeveless pink and navy top that I had rejected as being too low cut. Having a few minutes to kill, I decided to slip it on and instantly fell in love. Turns out it was only too low on the hanger. Go figure. Fifteen minutes later, I left with a pair of shorts that now actually fits and a to-die-for top that cost me $12.

It's good to be the queen.

No comments:

Post a Comment