Monday, December 10, 2012

More Excuses

I haven't written a blog in over a week. I hope someone noticed. But if you didn't,I can't blame you. How can I expect to gain a group of loyal followers when I don't have the discipline to write regularly? Oh, I forgot. I am writing regularly - just not in this space.

Ever since I got the opportunity to get paid for some of my writing, I'm finding it a little tougher to sit down and write anything else. My novel is getting dustier by the minute and my blogs are getting further and further apart. You would think it would be the opposite; that regular writing would motivate me but I honestly think I might be using up any creative juices I may have left churning out my daily contributions to my new employer. Didn't someone once say something about the dangers of turning your hobby into your job?

Don't get me wrong. I'm not complaining. I'm thrilled beyond belief that someone is actually paying me for my sophomoric attempts at humor. It's easily the best job I've ever had (except for that whole motherhood thing). Having recently received my third paycheck, it's heartening to think I still have them fooled. I hope it lasts a while longer.

I'm getting used to working in my pajamas.

No comments:

Post a Comment