Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Feelin' Good



I’m going to get a little delicate with this one. Is there anything that makes you feel better than wearing comfortable underwear? I didn’t think so. For years I’ve tried to squeeze myself into flimsy undergarments that barely covered what undergarments are meant to cover. I’ve bought slinky bikinis with elastic that inevitably rose up into areas it was never meant to occupy and lacy hipsters with no elastic that refused to stay where it was supposed to. But no more. My Victoria’s Secret catalog has been consigned to the nearest recycling bin. For I have found the Holy Grail – a comfortable pair of halfway-decent looking underwear that comes in at half the price of the fancy stuff.

I’m not talking about granny pants. I may get there someday but not today. They are cotton but they’re cute cotton and they're hipsters (a suitable concession to gravity from bikinis). And the best part - they come in packages of six at your favorite discount store. Once I slipped them on, I knew. I knew my days of wedgies were over. I knew my trips to the bathroom to retrieve my sliding undies had come to an end. I knew elastic would no longer be digging into my netherlands. This was it. Nirvana.

Hanes – you had me at hello.

No comments:

Post a Comment