Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Just Saying

So, it's Wednesday and I said I was going to write a blog every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Only thing is, I have nothing much I want to say. But since I don't want to disappoint my seven loyal readers, I must press on. That's why I've decided to pull out the old writer's trick of making a list of some obscure observations. My subject for today is: Things I'll Never Understand. Here we go.
  • My husband's (or anyone's) obsession with punctuality. Five minutes either side of the appointed time is on-time in my book.
  • How Arby's is still in business
  • Why anyone thinks Johnny Depp is sexy
  • Anyone who says they like coconut water. Have you tasted it? It tastes like something between water you soak your feet in and sauerkraut juice (I've never tasted either but I have a good imagination).
  • Why The Middle isn't as popular as Modern Family
  • Why everyone in America doesn't have a DVR. It's clearly the best invention of the last 100 years (with apologies to the internet and dishwashers)
  • How anyone can sit through a horror/slasher movie
  • Why I have to have dessert at nine o'clock at night
  • How I've gained ten pounds in the last year (oh, see above)
  • People who love winter
  • Why I wasn't born in Italy
  • How people can spend $4000 on a purse
  • Why I get so excited when my People magazine is delivered
  • People who can't give compliments
  • Why anyone gets a sleeve tattoo
  • The complete dumbing-down of America. Can we please stop exporting reality shows that make our entire nation look like a bunch of dunder-headed dolts? 
That should do it. For now. That was so much fun I might make that a regular feature. After all, it worked for David Letterman.

No comments:

Post a Comment