Monday, January 2, 2012

Excuses . . . I've Got a Million of Them

Did you miss me? I hope so. Since I've participated in the National Novel Writing Month challenge, I've written exactly one blog. I really did have a good reason for my absence. In fact, I've compiled several good reasons.

1. I got sick
2. My computer crashed
3. I was working a lot
4. I was depressed
5. I had to take care of family stuff
6. I was lazy
7. I missed Italy
8. I couldn't think of anything to write about
9. What I could think of turned out to be pretty lame
10. I was busy
11. I got caught up making a photo album of my vacation
12. Looking at the photos, I got more depressed wishing I was back in Italy
13. I had to put up Christmas decorations
14. I had to buy Christmas presents
15. I had to make Christmas cookies
16. I had to wrap Christmas presents
17. I had to take back Christmas presents
18. I got sick (that one really deserves two excuses - it lasted forever)
19. I had to watch several vile, stomach-churning Bears games
20. I had to change the sheets, put fresh towels in the bathroom, order pizza, etc.
21-1,000,000. Anything I could think of to keep me from writing.

Before I knew it, it was time for Lady Gaga to drop the ball in Times Square. As I reminded myself at 12:01 a.m. (right before I headed to bed), I managed to write 50,000 words in thirty days. If I can do that, I should be able to discipline myself to sit down at the computer a little more often. That's when I decided to add writing this insignificant blog twice a week to my list of 2012 resolutions. Those of you who like my writing and get a laugh or two out of it, can look forward to seeing something every Monday and Friday. Those of you who think my musings stink, (or that didn't even realize I had been depriving you of my insights and/or rantings), feel free to go about your business as usual.

So, Happy New Year! Hope 2012 brings lots of blessings, as well as an end to the Kardashian reign of terror, to all. I'd write more but I have to go clean out my closet, organize my financial files and take down my Christmas decorations.

I should be done by Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment