Monday, February 11, 2013

When All Else Fails. . .

Whenever I'm feeling down and out, I try to buy myself a little something - nothing extravagant (unless you count that Italy trip when I was really, really depressed) just a small treat to remind myself to look on the bright side. Since today hasn't gone well, I'm thinking I'm ready for that indulgence and tomorrow I'm going shopping - for a new lipstick.

Before you think that this blog is turning into a commercial for cosmetics (my last one was about finding a great foundation), I have to confess that my search for the perfect lipstick is a never-ending journey of frustration and disappointment. And I have come to the conclusion that there is no such thing. They're either too dry, too wet, too dark, too light, too pink, too brown or too glossy. They're either too creamy or not creamy enough. They either make your lips tingle (and not in a good way), wear off within minutes, bleed into the wrinkles above my upper lip or taste terrible. They've landed on the moon, invented the internet and made Honey Boo-Boo famous and no one has been able to create a perfect lipstick. At least not for me.

But I'll keep trying. The other day, when I bought the foundation, the gal tried one of her line's lipsticks on me. Close. It was creamy, it didn't taste bad and the color was flattering. I was almost ready to bite. And then she told me the price - $24.

Like I said, they can't make a perfect lipstick.

No comments:

Post a Comment