Thursday, September 16, 2010

Mechanical Difficulties

Today, I'm heading to the doctor. Since we've managed to meet our insurance deductible (thank you Josh's appendix), I've decided to find out if any of my multitude of aches and pains is anything serious. I haven't had a physical in a couple of years so I'm more than a little apprehensive. Of course, I imagine the worst with every headache or every time my back hurts. I won't cop to full-blown hypochondria but I'll admit to brushing up against it now and then. And, at fifty-seven, I've already watched several of my friends experience serious medical issues and sometimes I can't help wondering when it's going to be my turn.

I've always been a chicken when it comes to doctors. On this, I'm sure I'm not alone. The only thing that pushes me to make the appointment is the fear of being one of those statistics that "had a feeling something was wrong" and didn't do anything about it. I guess having a once-over every once in awhile by a member of the medical profession is the only way to prevent that. After all, if I can survive two C-sections and a root canal, I can handle being poked and prodded in a couple of very uncomfortable places. By tomorrow at this time, it'll all be over. Then, I'll have to start worrying about the colonoscopy that's in my near future. But that's another story.

No comments:

Post a Comment