Friday, September 10, 2010

What's Wrong With This Picture?

I am not a morning person. After years of working and raising children, I thought my days of waking before the sun were finally over. Not so fast. At a time when I had envisioned taking classes, volunteering or traveling the world, I instead find myself working harder (and often earlier) than ever. I guess the worst economy since the Depression has derailed more than a few fantasies. It's not that I mind working. God knows my poor husband has done more than his share for almost thirty years. I just never thought my little part-time job would turn into a full time gig with no benefits and less pay than I was making twenty years ago. I remind myself how lucky I am to actually have a job but sometimes (especially around 6:30 a.m.) I don't feel very lucky. I just feel tired. My house is a disaster, we have every takeout menu in a fifteen mile radius and my husband and I always seem to be passing each other in the driveway. Italy seems very far away.

1 comment:

  1. Awww, we definitely need a SISTERS day!! Remember, I have two passes to Hollywood Palms for your very belated birthday present! What movie do you want to see? SOON!! I love you!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete