Thursday, October 21, 2010

I'm With the Band

Well, tonight's another performance of my husband's band, Night People. This is their first gig that's been scheduled for a weekday but the venue is in our downtown area so I guess I have no excuse. I've invited a lot of my co-workers to come and have a drink with me so it should be fun. Trouble is, as I've mentioned before, I'm usually in my jammies by 8 so I'm a little aggravated that I have to suck it up and be social. On a Thursday. When I'm working till 7.

Until last week, I was harboring the idea that I might go on stage and sing a number or two. That, of course, would have meant going to a rehearsal or two with the band. Which would have meant leaving my house and being social yet again so . . . But now that my friends are coming, I'm regretting not making the effort. It would have been fun to show them a side of me they haven't seen, a side of me I haven't seen in a long time. I can only hope that we pack the place tonight and they invite the band back. Maybe then I'll be able to ditch the jammies, go to a rehearsal and get up on that stage. I think I need to prove to myself that I'm not as old as I sometimes feel. There is a rocker chick buried in there somewhere. Next time, I hope she has the guts to come out and play.

No comments:

Post a Comment