Monday, October 18, 2010

Pumpkin Time

I hate Halloween. It was marginally fun when my kids were young enough to dress up but it was also a heck of a lot of work. Usually I made their costumes so it was always a lot of pressure to think of something fun (but not too difficult) for them to wear. Then I had to inspect the pillowcase full of future tooth decay that they dragged home. After that, I had to deal with the daily battles as I rationed out their goodies (after surreptitiously siphoning off a few Kit Kats). Just talking about what I used to go through makes me happy that my kids are grown. I still have to buy the candy for the various gremlins that appear at our doorstep but I'm glad that's it.

As much as I'm over the whole Halloween thing, there is one thing about this time of year I love. Pumpkins. Pumpkin bread, pumpkin bars, pumpkin muffins - you name it and I'll eat it. I like to kid myself that it's relatively healthy since there is a vegetable involved but I guess that argument goes out the window when I slather the end product with cream cheese icing. Oh well, I guess something had to take the place of those pilfered Kit Kats.

No comments:

Post a Comment