Sunday, October 31, 2010

Wish Me Luck

This may be my last blog for a little while. I'm about to embark on the craziest/bravest/dumbest endeavor in my life. I've signed on with thousands of others around the world who are going to attempt to write a novel in thirty days. A yearly event, National Novel Writing Month, has been taking place every November since 1999. When I first heard about it, I was intrigued. Could I really do such a thing? And if so, what would I do with it? Procrastination, forgetfulness, and fear took over and year after year went by without me giving it a try.

So, here I am. Out of excuses and determined to succeed. The NaNoWriMo website is full of ideas, tips and support for all of us who are crazy enough to think we can do this and the local writers I've met at the kick-off events are all committed (or should I say should be committed) to helping each other survive the month. It all starts at midnight. So if you don't hear from me for awhile, know that I'm burrowed down with my laptop and a Diet Coke, trying to prove I can produce a written product longer than three paragraphs.

In the meantime, I will check in with any updates or frustration. But if I have to come up with an average of 1667 words a day, very few of them will be here. Wish me luck. I'm going to need it.

3 comments:

  1. Good Luck, Sis!! You can do it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That wasn't 'Bill' who said that...it was me! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great luck, C~! Keep the faith. Come to Schaumburg if you're free Nov 13 10Am to 4pm (6 hours, worth the drive). Cooldoctor1

    ReplyDelete