Sunday, October 17, 2010

A Sunday Kind of Love

Since we replaced our windows a few months ago, I have been unable to bring myself to replace the window treatments. This would involve drilling holes into that beautiful (and highly leveraged) wood and I just can't do it. The downside of my refusal to desecrate my window frames is the sun pouring into my bedroom at a very inappropriate hour. Not so bad during the week, but a real sleep killer on the weekend. Today I tried my best. As the sun streamed across my husband's side of the bed, I piled pillow on top of pillow trying to stave off the inevitable. Finally, I gave up and reluctantly faced the day. I shouldn't have waited so long.

It was one of the those perfect fall days. Crisp air, blue skies. Gold and amber leaves still clinging to the trees. I searched the house for signs of life. Everyone was gone. The kids were working and my husband was lucky enough to be treated to the Bears game. (It later turned out to be a dubious gift). I jumped into the car and headed for Big Apple Bagels. Once home, armed with my Cinnamon Danish bagel and apple cinnamon cream cheese, the Sunday paper and a cup of tea, I headed for a sunny spot in the family room. I spent the next hour pouring over the sports page, doing the crossword and thoroughly enjoying the peace and quiet. Still ahead was football, a baseball playoff game and my parents company for dinner. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment