Monday, September 17, 2012

Bearless Sunday


Hope that title didn’t lead anyone to believe this was going to be some foray into Fifty Shades of Grey territory. How could it? I did say “bear” not “bare”. Anyway, I’m feeling lost and lonely without my team playing today (although I'm still recovering from that HORRIBLE exhibition on Thursday) and I’m finding it hard to find a replacement activity.

It’s too late for you to suggest watching other games. I love football but find it hard to get fired up unless I can scream at the TV and I just don’t feel like screaming at people I don’t know (unless they stand in front of me in the express check-out lane with 37 items and a boatload of coupons). And forget about urging me to keep busy. I’ve done laundry, I’ve gone to Costco (yikes, will someone pleeeease stop me from going there on Sunday), I’ve cleaned, I’ve made jam (yes, you read that correctly; blackberry and it was yummy) but nothing could fill the void. I can’t help it; I miss football.

Not that it feels even remotely like football weather. I’m sitting on my deck in shorts enjoying the last 80 degree day we’re likely to see for eight months. And since football is the ONLY thing I like about winter, I’m happy to savor one more warm day listening to the sounds of chirping birds and rumbling lawnmowers. I just wish I could do it with sounds of Brian Urlacher’s tackles growling out of my carefully positioned TV.

What? Did someone suggest patience? (Do any of you know me?) Did someone mention that the next game is a mere seven days away? Did that same someone also imply that it is likely to be a win against a lowly (uh-oh, they just beat the Redskins) Rams team? I thought so. Thanks for the attempts to cheer me up. I appreciate the effort. Maybe I’ll take a peek at the Lions-49ers game tonight. A Lions loss may be just the thing to hold me over until next week.

Oh, one more thing. Can I ask one of you to come back in October to talk me off the ledge during the bye week? Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment