Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Remember Me?

I’m not really sure which went first, my knees or my memory. While physical limitations can get you down, nothing annoys me more than getting to the top of the stairs and forgetting why I made the trek in the first place.

Forget Sudoku (or is that the name of those knifes with the funny cut-outs?). Forget crossword puzzles (although it is nice to know that a four-letter word for a dueling sword is an epee). No matter what I throw at my rapidly dwindling brain cells, they absolutely refuse to remember the main floor bathroom needs a hand towel until I make my way back down those damn stairs.

Funny thing is, I work at a place where I have to remember names of several hundred members. And I usually do. I can remember details of most of our members’ comings and goings and can tell you which day of the week their children are taking tennis lessons.

So why can’t I remember the toilet paper?

Maybe I’m more focused at work. Maybe I just let my brain get too distracted with everything I have to take care of when I’m home. Maybe I can only remember the important stuff.

Or maybe I’m just lucky there are no stairs at work.

1 comment:

  1. Damn stairs! Why do you think all the old people move into a one level home?! ;D

    ReplyDelete